Friday, June 24, 2011

Hoopfest Tomorrow!!

My crazy summer continued today as after work I made the trip west to Spokane – no speeding tickets this time. I am back in Spokane for Hoopfest, the largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world. The tournament runs on Saturday and Sunday and is one of my favorite weekends of the whole year.
Hoopfest attracts over 6,700 teams. Imagine that. That is over 400 courts spanning 40 blocks of downtown Spokane. If you have never made a Hoopfest in your life, you must put it on your bucket list…sports fan or not. It truly is a spectacle. Growing up in Spokane, I routinely played in the tournament. When I moved to Missoula for school, I would still come back and play in the tournament. Four years ago, I realized I was no longer good at basketball. Because I loved the event so much, I decided to volunteer. I am really excited for my 4th year as a court monitor. Rest assured, I will blog about this experience as I will have plenty of stories to share with you.
If you are in Spokane this weekend, please come say hi to me at my court. I am the court monitor at the Larry H. Miller Honda court in the Convention Center parking lot. Don’t Blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment