Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Off to Cheer Camp

Usually I always manage to post on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Unfortunately, that will not happen this week. This morning I am off to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, with our University of Montana Spirit Squad for Universal Cheerleaders/Dancers Association camp.
One thing I do not mention too much is that part of my job responsibility is to serve as the coordinator of the mascot program. Basically, I am the boss of Monte, our grizzly mascot here at UM. Because of this, I am very much tied into the spirit squad. This is awesome because not only do I get to develop relationships with our two mascot performers but I also become close to our cheerleaders and dancers.
UCA camp is a huge deal. It is the leading authority in the cheerleading world. These camps are intense. Sure it is cool to hang out with probably around 500 different cheerleaders from various schools in the west over the next few days but I am wondering if it might be a little too much. We will see! I will be sure to come back with some good stories and some good blog posts. Until then, have a great rest of your work week. Don’t Blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment